Monday, May 11, 2009

2 under 2

So whenever I don't have time to do something, or maybe don't want to, I have this handy excuse: "2 under 2"... I have two children under two years old. But this Friday, that will cease to be true. Clyde is turning two. I will have "2 2 and under" which doesn't have the same ring to it. So I guess I can either (a) quit making excuses, (b) come up with something ringier, or (c) have another kid because "3 under 3" would be an even better excuse! I don't think I would actually be able to function at all if I chose (c), and I've tried (b) and I just can't come up with anything. So, it's got to be (a). I will try, but don't expect me to be a whole lot less complaining or more available. Until Alice is walking and feeding herself and Clyde learns a new favorite word other than mine, I don't see my mindset changing too much.

Just so you aren't left with the impression that I am not enjoying my 2 under 2, here are some pictures. Aren't they beautiful? They are also smart and funny. And I'm sure they will be fast and thoughtful and make this world a better place...

Tea party anyone?
Big blue eyes...








Big lion...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It's always great to have an excuse. It is so sad when they are all used up!

Hazel said...

Oh yeah, you are going to have to have another baby. I was using four under five like it was going out of style. It was such a sad day when Hazel turned 5.

EcoSmart Girl to the Rescue said...

Crud, Grady is 5 now so I can't say 2 kids under 5. Sometimes I just look knowingly and say, "but I have THREE little boys!" You could say you live with a hurricane and a tornado and it's too terribly windy to do "insert whatever it is here".