Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun and Easy Mother's Day Project

For those of you with kids who have grandmas that like vintage things, this is easy and fun. I (this is mommy talking, not Clyde) made these silhouettes for my mom (who hopefully won't check out the blog before Mother's Day).



All I did was print out (on regular paper instead of photo) profile photos I took of the kids. Then I placed those on top of black paper and traced their profiles. This left an indentation on the black paper that was enough to use as a guide for cutting. I had thought I might have to trace with chalk or something, but this worked well. I've seen where people make the silhouette in a photo editing program, but I think the cutouts seem more authentic and they turned out well. I just glued them to white paper and put them in an inexpensive frame from Target. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cute! I remember doing something like that in school one year, only we had to stand still in front of a light while they traced our faces. It was really cool though. Your idea is much more practical!